Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Your Price: $35.99
- List Price: $44.99
- Available on demand.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-315319-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-315319-4
- Systems that install, heal, protect themselves and adapt to your needs —automatically
- Using autonomic computing to reduce costs, improve services, and enhance agility
- Autonomic components, architectures, standards, and development tools
- Planning for and implementing autonomic technology
- Current autonomic solutions from IBM and other leading companies
Reducing IT costs, improving service, and enabling the "on-demand" business
IT operations costs are accelerating, and today's increasingly complex architectures and distributed computing infrastructures only make matters worse. The solution: autonomic computing. Autonomic systems are self-configuring, self-healing, self-optimizing, and self-protecting. They operate intelligently and dynamically, acting on your policies and service requirements. This book presents everything IT leaders and managers need to know to prepare for autonomic computing—and to begin leveraging its benefits. Coverage includes:
- How autonomic computing can reduce costs, improve service levels, enhance agility, simplify management, and help deliver the "on demand" business
- The key elements and attributes of autonomic computing systems
- Current autonomic technologies from IBM and many other leading suppliers
- Autonomic computing architectures, open standards, development tools, and enablers
- Implementation considerations, including a new assessment methodology
- The future of autonomic computing: business opportunities and research challenges
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Grid Computing
- Book $35.99