Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2010
- Pages: 792
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-265097-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-265097-7
DB2 pureXML Cookbook
Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
Hands-On Solutions and Best Practices for Developing and Managing XML Database Applications with DB2
More and more database developers and DBAs are being asked to develop applications and manage databases that involve XML data. Many are utilizing the highly praised DB2 pureXML technology from IBM. In the DB2 pureXML Cookbook, two leading experts from IBM offer the practical solutions and proven code samples that database professionals need to build better XML solutions faster. Organized by task, this book is packed with more than 700 easy-to-adapt “recipe-style” examples covering the entire application lifecycle—from planning and design through coding, optimization, and troubleshooting. This extraordinary library of recipes includes more than 250 XQuery and SQL/XML queries. With the authors’ hands-on guidance, you’ll learn how to combine pureXML “ingredients” to efficiently perform virtually any XML data management task, from the simplest to the most advanced.
- pureXML in DB2 9 for z/OS and DB2 9.1, 9.5, and 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Best practices for designing XML data, applications, and storage objects Importing, exporting, loading, replicating, and federating XML data
- Querying XML data, from start to finish: XPath and XQuery data model and languages, SQL/XML, stored procedures, UDFs, and much more
- Avoiding common errors and inefficient XML queries
- Converting relational data to XML and vice versa
- Updating and transforming XML documents
- Defining and working with XML indexes
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of XML queries and other operations
- Using XML Schemas to constrain and validate XML documents
- XML application development—including code samples for Java, .NET, C, COBOL,PL/1, PHP, and Perl
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Book $27.99