Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 160
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-303847-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-303847-7
The Definitive Solutions-Oriented Guide to IBM® DB2® for z/OS®: Now Fully Updated for Both v9 and v10!
The largest database tuning performance gains can often be obtained from tuning application code, and applications that use SQL to retrieve data are the best candidates for tuning. This well-organized, easy-to-understand reference brings together more than 100 SQL-related skills and techniques that any developer can use to build and optimize DB2 applications for consistently superior performance.
DB2 tuning expert Tony Andrews (“Tony the Tuner”) draws on more than 20 years of DB2-related experience, empowering you to take performance into your own hands, whether you’re writing new software or tuning existing systems. Tony shows you exactly how to clear bottlenecks, resolve problems, and improve both speed and reliability.
This book fully reflects the latest SQL programming best practices for DB2 V9 and DB2 V10 on z/OS: techniques that are taught in no other book and are rarely covered in general DB2 SQL courses. Drawing on his extensive consulting experience and highly praised training with Themis Inc., Tony also presents practical checklists and an invaluable 15-step methodology for optimizing virtually any DB2 application.
- Empowering developers on knowing what to do and where to look in resolving performance problems in queries or programs
- Providing many programming and SQL coding examples
- Establishing standards and guidelines that lead to high-performance SQL
- Implementing time-efficient code walkthroughs to ensure that your standards are followed
- Focusing on the small number of SQL statements that consume the most resources
- Identifying simple solutions that deliver the most sizable benefits
- Optimizing performance by rewriting query predicates more efficiently
- Providing a better understanding of SQL optimization and Runstat statistics
- Recognizing opportunities to tweak your code more effectively than the Optimizer
- Optimizing SQL code with COBOL applications
- Efficiently checking for the existence of data, rows, or tables
- Using Runstats’ newest capabilities to consistently optimize paths to data
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.