Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
DB2® Universal Database V8 Handbook for Windows, UNIX, and Linux
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7 x 9 1/4
- Pages: 496
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-066111-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-066111-1
IBM DB2 Universal Database V8 offers breakthrough availability, manageability, performance, and scalability. Now, straight from IBM, there's a start-to-finish guide to DB2 Universal Database V8 administration and development for UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
This definitive reference covers every aspect of deploying and managing DB2 Universal Database V8, including database design for optimal performance, availability, and recoverability; day-to-day administration and backup; comparing, selecting, and using appropriate DB2 programming techniques; deploying networked and Internet-centered database applications; migrating to DB2 UDB from other databases or earlier versions of DB2; and much more.
Using real-world examples, this book shows how to take full advantage of DB2 V8's most powerful enhancements. Philip K. Gunning brings together IBM's best tips and techniques for saving time and money in every facet of database design, development, deployment, and administration.
- Leveraging DB2 V8's new Wizards, Advisors, and other automation/self-management features
- Using the enhanced DB2 XML Extender to build next-generation B2B applications
- Quickly creating Stored Procedures and UDFs with the new Development Center
- Exploiting multidimensional clustering, prefetching, materialized query tables, Java threading, and other performance improvements
- Using the DB2 improved monitoring and logging facilities
- Maximizing availability via online table and index reorganization and dynamic configuration
- Understanding the latest changes in the DB2 product family
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.