Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Developing and Hosting Applications on the Cloud
- Your Price: $40.00
- List Price: $50.00
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 385
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-306684-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306684-5
A Complete, Practical Guide to Building and Hosting Cloud Services That Deliver Exceptional Business Value
In this unique title, key developers of the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise share indispensable insights for developing and operating cloud-based solutions on any cloud platform. Drawing on their unsurpassed in-the-trenches experience, the authors help you develop the new mindset and skills needed to succeed in cloud environments, where development, business, and system operations are linked more tightly than ever.
Using examples based on IBM SmartCloud Enterprise, the authors cover a wide variety of cloud "use cases," while also introducing general principles for automating and optimizing IT infrastructure in any cloud environment.
They begin by presenting an authoritative, accessible review of cloud computing and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud concepts. Next, they demonstrate how to use cloud tools, develop basic cloud applications, and utilize standards to establish interoperability between clouds. Finally, drawing on deep personal experience, they offer best-practice solutions for all facets of cloud hosting, including security, monitoring, performance, availability, and business support. Throughout, they emphasize real-world problem solving, offering numerous code examples and practical demonstrations of real-world tools and utilities.
- Understanding each cloud deployment model: private, community, public, and hybrid
- Reviewing key cloud computing use cases, including those based on virtualization and collaboration
- Developing for the cloud with the LAMP stack, Windows, J2EE, WebSphere, and other technologies
- Building apps for the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise public infrastructure
- Using the command line toolkit, Java, and REST APIs to manage IBM SmartCloud Enterprise resources
- Exploring cloud computing standards and open source projects that promote interoperability among clouds
- Building cloud applications to customize images, deliver network services, install/manage software, and provide remote desktops
- Using IBM's powerful self-service and delegated administration models and best-of-breed VM images
- Leveraging open source projects for cloud service management and virtualization
- Understanding cloud service security: trusted certificates, identity/access management, SSH, HTTPS, IPSec, application hardening, and much more
- Monitoring and optimizing performance and availability through the entire system lifecycle
- Managing, scaling, and automating cloud applications to meet business needs
This title will be valuable to every enterprise developer, architect, and IT manager seeking the full benefits of cloud-based services; all ISVs building value-add services on public clouds; and everyone building applications that rely heavily on IaaS, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), or Business as a Service (BaaS).
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Is Your Company Ready for Cloud: Choosing the Best Cloud Adoption Strategy for Your Business
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.19