Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and Editors, 2nd Edition
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $57.99
- List Price: $107.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $47.99
- List Price: $59.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-13-147749-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-147749-0
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-703457-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-703457-4
"The examples are excellent--right on target and easy to understand and adapt. Even those who don't adopt the entire procedure can profit from the parts, but the greatest value will flow to those who adopt the whole." --Carolyn Mulford, senior writer and editor of Writing That Works
"This is also a book that students can keep for their professional libraries because it will increase in its value to them after they leave class and face real life experiences on the job. It is plain enough for them to understand while they are learning, and at the same time comprehensive enough to support them as professionals." --Elizabeth Boling, Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University
"It practices what it preaches. Its guidelines are understandable and appropriate; its examples clear. It contains exactly what writers and editors need to know. It is the book that I would have written." --Cynthia E. Spellman, UnisysThe #1 guide to excellence in documentation--now completely updated! A systematic, proven approach to creating great documentation
- Thoroughly revised and updated
- More practical examples
- More coverage of topic-based information, search, and internationalization
Direct from IBM's own documentation experts, this is the definitive guide to developing outstanding technical documentation--for the Web and for print. Using extensive before-and-after examples, illustrations, and checklists, the authors show exactly how to create documentation that's easy to find, understand, and use. This edition includes extensive new coverage of topic-based information, simplifying search and retrievability, internationalization, visual effectiveness, and much more.
- Focusing on the tasks and topics users care about most
- Saying more with fewer words
- Using organization and other means to deliver faster access to information
- Presenting information in more visually inviting ways
- Improving the effectiveness of your review process
- Learning from example: sample text, screen captures, illustrations, tables, and much more
Whether you're a writer, editor, designer, or reviewer, if you want to create great documentation, this book shows you how!
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Best Practices for Technical Writers and Editors (Collection): DITA, Quality, and Style
- eBook (Watermarked) $74.39
- DITA Best Practices, Video Enhanced Edition: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA
- EPUB (Watermarked) $34.39