Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IBM Rational Unified Process Reference and Certification Guide: Solution Designer (RUP)
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2008
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-279980-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-279980-5
The Only Official RUP® Certification Prep Guide and Compact RUP Reference
The IBM® Rational Unified Process® has become the de facto industry-standard process for large-scale enterprise software development. The IBM Certified Solution Designer - IBM Rational Unified Process V7.0 certification provides a powerful way for solutions developers to demonstrate their proficiency with RUP.
The first and only official RUP certification guide, this book fully reflects the latest versions of the Rational Unified Process and of the IBM RUP exam. Authored by two leading RUP implementers, it draws on extensive contributions and careful reviews by the IBM RUP process leader and RUP certification manager.
This book covers every facet of RUP usage. It has been carefully organized to help you prepare for your exam quickly and efficiently--and to provide a handy, compact reference you can rely on for years to come.
- A full section on RUP exam preparation and a 52-question practice exam
- Core RUP concepts, the new RUP process architecture, and key principles of business-driven development
- RUP’s architecture-centric approach to iterative development: practical issues and scenarios
- Patterns for successful RUP project implementation–and “anti-patterns” to avoid
- The Unified Method Architecture (UMA): basic content and process elements
- RUP content disciplines, in depth: Business Modeling, Requirements, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Test, Deployment, Project Management, Change and Configuration Management, and Environment
- Essential RUP work products, roles, and tasks
- RUP phases, activities, and milestones
- RUP tailoring and tools for your organization--including introductions to IBM Rational Method Composer (RMC) and MyRUP
Table of Contents
About the Authors xxv
Part I Introduction
Chapter 1 Welcome to the IBM Rational Unified Process and Certification 3
Chapter 2 Key Principles for Business-Driven Development 33
Part II Unified Method Architecture (UMA)
Chapter 3 Basic Content Elements 63
Chapter 4 Basic Process Elements 71
Part III Rational Unified Process: Content and Process Elements
Chapter 5 Business Modeling 81
Chapter 6 Requirements 93
Chapter 7 Analysis and Design 111
Chapter 8 Implementation 131
Chapter 9 Test 141
Chapter 10 Deployment 157
Chapter 11 Configuration and Change Management 169
Chapter 12 Project Management 181
Chapter 13 Environment 199
Chapter 14 Phases, Activities, and Milestones 209
Part IV Tailoring and Tooling
Chapter 15 Tailoring 229
Chapter 16 Tools 241
Part V Certification, Examination, and Practice
Chapter 17 The Value of RUP Certification 257
Chapter 18 Sample Examination 261
Chapter 19 Before, During, and After the Examination 271
Appendix Answers to Sample Questions 279