IBM Style Guide, The: Conventions for Writers and Editors
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-211897-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-211897-2
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.The IBM Style Guide distills IBM wisdom for developing superior content: information that is consistent, clear, concise, and easy to translate. The IBM Style Guide can help any organization improve and standardize content across authors, delivery mechanisms, and geographic locations.
This expert guide contains practical guidance on topic-based writing, writing content for different media types, and writing for global audiences.
Throughout, the authors illustrate the guidance with many examples of correct and incorrect usage.
Writers and editors will find authoritative guidance on issues ranging from structuring information to writing usable procedures to presenting web addresses to handling cultural sensitivities.
The guidelines cover these topics:
- Using language and grammar to write clearly and consistently
- Applying punctuation marks and special characters correctly
- Formatting, organizing, and structuring information so that it is easy to find and use
- Using footnotes, cross-references, and links to point readers to valuable, related information
- Presenting numerical information clearly
- Documenting computer interfaces to make it easy for users to achieve their goals
- Writing for diverse audiences, including guidelines for improving accessibility
- Preparing clear and effective glossaries and indexes
Other Things You Might Like
- Best Practices for Technical Writers and Editors (Collection): DITA, Quality, and Style
- eBook (Watermarked) $74.39
- DITA Best Practices, Video Enhanced Edition: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA
- EPUB (Watermarked) $34.39