Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IBM Style Guide, The: Conventions for Writers and Editors
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-283630-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283630-2
The IBM Style Guide distills IBM wisdom for developing superior content: information that is consistent, clear, concise, and easy to translate. The IBM Style Guide can help any organization improve and standardize content across authors, delivery mechanisms, and geographic locations.
This expert guide contains practical guidance on topic-based writing, writing content for different media types, and writing for global audiences.
Throughout, the authors illustrate the guidance with many examples of correct and incorrect usage.
Writers and editors will find authoritative guidance on issues ranging from structuring information to writing usable procedures to presenting web addresses to handling cultural sensitivities.
The guidelines cover these topics:
- Using language and grammar to write clearly and consistently
- Applying punctuation marks and special characters correctly
- Formatting, organizing, and structuring information so that it is easy to find and use
- Using footnotes, cross-references, and links to point readers to valuable, related information
- Presenting numerical information clearly
- Documenting computer interfaces to make it easy for users to achieve their goals
- Writing for diverse audiences, including guidelines for improving accessibility
- Preparing clear and effective glossaries and indexes
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Best Practices for Technical Writers and Editors (Collection): DITA, Quality, and Style
- eBook (Watermarked) $74.39
- DITA Best Practices, Video Enhanced Edition: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA
- EPUB (Watermarked) $34.39