Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Introduction to IMS, An: Your Complete Guide to IBM's Information Management System
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-185671-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-185671-4
The Only Up-to-the-Minute Guide to IMS Version 9--Straight from IBM IMS Experts
- Introduces IMS, one of the world's premiere software products
- Thoroughly covers key IMS functions, from security to Java support
- For both new and experienced IMS administrators, programmers, architects, and managers
- Prerequisite reading for IBM IMS Mastery Certificate Program
IMS serves more than 95 percent of Fortune 1000 companies, manages 15,000,000 gigabytes of production data, and supports more than two hundred million users per day. The brand-new IBM IMS Version 9 is not just the world's #1 platform for very large online transaction processing: it integrates with Web application server technology to enable tomorrow's most powerful Web-based applications. Now, for the first time in many years, there's a completely up-to-date guide to understanding IMS in your business environment.
An Introduction to IMS covers
- Installing and configuring IMS Version 9
- Understanding and implementing the IMS hierarchical database model
- Understanding and working with the IMS Transaction Manager
- Mastering core application programming concepts, including program structure and IMS control blocks
- Taking advantage of IMS 9 Java programming enhancements
- Working with the IMS Master Terminal
- Administering IMS: system definition, customization, logging, security, operations, and more
- Running IMS in a Parallel Sysplex(r) environment
Whether you've spent a career running IMS or you are encountering IMS for the first time, this book delivers the insights and skills you need to succeed--as an application designer, developer, or administrator.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Book $27.99