Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Patterns of Information Management
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 736
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-315553-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-315553-2
Use Best Practice Patterns to Understand and Architect Manageable, Efficient Information Supply Chains That Help You Leverage All Your Data and Knowledge
In the era of “Big Data,” information pervades every aspect of the organization. Therefore, architecting and managing it is a multi-disciplinary task. Now, two pioneering IBM® architects present proven architecture patterns that fully reflect this reality. Using their pattern language, you can accurately characterize the information issues associated with your own systems, and design solutions that succeed over both the short- and long-term.
Building on the analogy of a supply chain, Mandy Chessell and Harald C. Smith explain how information can be transformed, enriched, reconciled, redistributed, and utilized in even the most complex environments. Through a realistic, end-to-end case study, they help you blend overlapping information management, SOA, and BPM technologies that are often viewed as competitive.
Using this book’s patterns, you can integrate all levels of your architecture–from holistic, enterprise, system-level views down to low-level design elements. You can fully address key non-functional requirements such as the amount, quality, and pace of incoming data. Above all, you can create an IT landscape that is coherent, interconnected, efficient, effective, and manageable.
- Understanding how a pattern language can help you address key information management challenges
- Defining information strategy and governance for organizations and users
- Creating orderly information flows you can reuse and synchronize as needed
- Managing information structure, meaning, and lifecycles
- Providing for efficient information access and storage when deploying new IT capabilities
- Moving information efficiently and reliably to support your processes
- Determining how information should be processed and maintained
- Improving quality and accessibility, and supporting higher-value analytics
- Protecting information via validation, transformation, enrichment, correction, security, and monitoring
- Planning new information management projects in the context of your existing IT resources
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Is Your Company Ready for Cloud: Choosing the Best Cloud Adoption Strategy for Your Business
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.19