Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Rapid Portlet Development with WebSphere Portlet Factory: Step-by-Step Guide for Building Your Own Portlets
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 552
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-700455-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-700455-3
The Step-by-Step Guide to Building World-Class Portlet Solutions–Fast!
Portlet development traditionally has been difficult and time-consuming, requiring costly resources and specialized expertise in multiple technologies. IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory simplifies and accelerates portlet development, enabling developers to build world-class portlet solutions without in-depth knowledge of portal technology.
Expert developer David Bowley walks you through several of today’s most common portlet development scenarios, demonstrating how to create powerful, robust portlets quickly and cost-effectively. Each walkthrough contains all the step-by-step instructions, detailed guidance, fast answers, and working sample code you need to get tangible results immediately.
The best resource available on WebSphere Portlet Factory, this bookreflects Bowley’s unsurpassed experience constructing large enterprise portals. Bowley covers everything from back-end integration to user interface and AJAX techniques, helping you choose the right builder tool for each task, and define high-level instructions that generate superior code artifacts. His example projects are simple enough to understand easily, but sophisticated enough to be valuable in real-world development.
This book will be indispensable to every developer who wants to succeed with WebSphere Portlet Factory, including Java™, J2EE™, and SOA developers at all levels of expertise, as well as Lotus® Notes® developers transitioning to WebSphere Portal.
· Creating robust portlets: tips, tricks, shortcuts, and previously undocumented ‘gotchas’
· Incorporating Web services, Domino® views/forms, and SQL data sources into your portlets
· Formatting information for more effective display
· Adding UI controls, charts, validation, Java methods, and other capabilities
· Displaying context-sensitive content
· Using AJAX in your portlets
· Communicating between portlets
· Implementing error handling, logging, and security
Table of Contents
About the Author xxxv
Chapter 1 Introduction to WebSphere Portlet Factory 1
Chapter 2 Providing and Consuming Services 37
Chapter 3 Using Data from a Relational Data Source 53
Chapter 4 Using Domino Data 77
Chapter 5 Customizing Portlet Appearance 107
Chapter 6 Adding Basic User Interface Controls to Your Portlets 149
Chapter 7 Communicating Between Portlets 165
Chapter 8 Using Java in Portlets 195
Chapter 9 Using Web Services and Manipulating XML 239
Chapter 10 Using Charts in Portlets 267
Chapter 11 Field Validation, Formatting, and Translation 293
Chapter 12 Profiling Portlets 323
Chapter 13 Using Ajax and Dojo 345
Chapter 14 Error Handling, Logging, and Debugging Portlets 371
Chapter 15 Performance and Process Optimization 393
Chapter 16 More Techniques for Domino 413
Appendix A Setting up Your Environment 439
Appendix B Portlet Factory Properties 461
Other Things You Might Like
- WebSphere Engineering: A Practical Guide for WebSphere Support Managers and Senior Consultants
- eBook (Adobe DRM) $31.99
- Application Architecture for WebSphere: A Practical Approach to Building WebSphere Applications
- eBook (Adobe DRM) $31.99