Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Requirements Management Using IBM Rational RequisitePro
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $53.99
- List Price: $98.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $43.99
- List Price: $54.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 360
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-38300-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-38300-6
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-713531-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-713531-8
Optimize Your Entire Requirements Process–and Use Requirements to Build More Successful Software
Using IBM® Rational® RequisitePro®, you can systematically improve the way you create and maintain requirements–and use those requirements to build more effective, higher-quality software. Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive, hands-on guide to optimally using RequisitePro in real-world development environments.
Utilizing a start-to-finish sample project, requirements expert Peter Zielczynski introduces an organized, best-practice approach to managing requirements and shows how to implement every step with RequisitePro. You’ll walk through planning, eliciting, and clarifying stakeholder requirements; building use cases and other key project documents; managing changing requirements; transforming requirements into designs; and much more. Every stage of the process is illuminated with examples, realistic artifacts, and practical solutions.
This book is an invaluable resource for everyone who creates requirements, and everyone who relies on them: business analysts, systems analysts, project managers, architects, designers, developers, and testers alike.
- Overcoming the three leading causes of project failure: lack of user input, incomplete requirements and specifications, and poorly managed change
- Understanding each type of software requirement–how they interrelate, and what makes a good requirement
- Establishing a Requirements Management Plan that describes how requirements are created and handled throughout the project lifecycle
- Developing a Vision document that can drive your project from beginning to end
- Creating high-quality use cases
- Using requirements as the basis for system design
- Leveraging RequisitePro features for improved project management
- Integrating requirements management with the IBM Rational Unified Process®
About the Author xxv
Part I: Overview 1
Chapter 1: Requirements Management 3
Chapter 2: Overview of RequisitePro 23
Part II: Requirements Management Activities 33
Chapter 3: Establishing a Requirements Management Plan 35
Chapter 4: Setting up the Project 45
Chapter 5: Requirements Elicitation 63
Chapter 6: Developing a Vision Document 99
Chapter 7: Creating Use Cases 129
Chapter 8: Supplementary Specification 157
Chapter 9: Creating Test Cases from Use Cases 191
Chapter 10: Creating Test Cases from Supplementary Requirements 221
Chapter 11: Object-Oriented Design 243
Chapter 12: Documentation 273
Part III: Other Topics 285
Chapter 13: Managing Projects 287
Chapter 14: Requirements Management in the Rational Unified Process 295
Part IV: Review 311
Chapter 15: Summary 313
Appendix: Sample Requirements Management Plan 319
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Being Agile: Eleven Breakthrough Techniques to Keep You from "Waterfalling Backward"
- eBook (Watermarked) $22.39