Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Survival Guide for Lotus Notes and Domino Administrators
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 312
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-702392-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-702392-9
IBM’s® Practical, Hands-On Guide to Supporting and Administering Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino
This is the only book that focuses entirely on the specific technical, desk-side, and infrastructure issues that support professionals and administrators encounter when implementing and running Lotus Notes in production environments. Authored by one of IBM’s top Lotus experts, it draws on the firsthand experiences of IBM professionals working in hundreds of client environments. Mark Elliott has created a true “encyclopedia” of proven resolutions to common problems and has streamlined processes for infrastructure support. Elliott systematically addresses support solutions for all recent Lotus Notes and Domino environments.
Survival Guide for Lotus Notes and Domino Administrators is organized for rapid access to specific solutions in three key areas: client setup, technical support, and client software management. It brings together best practices for planning deployments, managing upgrades, addressing issues with mail and calendars, configuring settings based on corporate policies, and optimizing the entire support delivery process. Along the way, Elliott illuminates the administrative and support implications of the latest enhancements to Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino, in areas ranging from messaging to plug-in support.
Whatever your role in managing, administering, or supporting IBM Lotus technologies, this book will help you respond more quickly, efficiently, and effectively–reducing support costs as you increase customer satisfaction.
- An overview to key software changes introduced in Release 8.0
- Resolutions to dozens of error messages and other obscure issues
- Using the “Smart Upgrade” toolkit to automate upgrades
- Implementing policies to manage client settings and reduce administrative overhead
- Optimizing Lotus Notes performance and avoid user frustration
- Making the most of technical support tools and plug-ins
- Finding technical support and patches on the IBM developerWorks website
- Configuring Lotus Notes and supporting common activities
Table of Contents
About the Author xxiii
Chapter 1 Lotus Notes 5
Chapter 2 User Support and Problem Management 79
Chapter 3 Finding Additional Help 169
Chapter 4 Lotus Notes Tools and Plug-ins 179
Chapter 5 Managing Upgrades 187
Chapter 6 Using Domino Administrator to Manage Client Settings 227
Appendix A Domino Development 263
Other Things You Might Like
- IBM Lotus Connections 2.5: Planning and Implementing Social Software for Your Enterprise
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- IBM Lotus Connections 2.0: Planning and Implementing Social Software for Your Enterprise (e-book)
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59