Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Understanding DB2 9 Security
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2007
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-279976-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-279976-8
Understanding DB2 9 Security is the only comprehensive guide to securing DB2 and leveraging the powerful new security features of DB2 9. Direct from a DB2 Security deployment expert and the IBM® DB2 development team, this book gives DBAs and their managers a wealth of security information that is available nowhere else. It presents real-world implementation scenarios, step-by-step examples, and expert guidance on both the technical and human sides of DB2 security.
This book’s material is organized to support you through every step of securing DB2 in Windows®, Linux®, or UNIX® environments. You’ll start by exploring the regulatory and business issues driving your security efforts, and then master the technological and managerial knowledge crucial to effective implementation. Next, the authors offer practical guidance on post-implementation auditing, and show how to systematically maintain security on an ongoing basis.
- Establishing effective security processes, teams, plans, and policies
- Implementing identification and authentication controls, your first lines of defense
- DB2 in Windows environments: managing the unique risks, leveraging the unique opportunities
- Using the new Label Based Access Control (LBAC) of DB2 9 to gain finer-grained control over data protection
- Encrypting DB2 connections, data “in flight,” and data on disk: step-by-step guidance
- Auditing and intrusion detection: crucial technical implementation details
- Using SSH to secure machine-to-machine communication in DB2 9 multi-partitioned environments
- Staying current with the latest DB2 security patches and fixes
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Book $27.99